The 13th International Conference on Digital Preservation (iPRES) calls for original contributions to be presented at the event. The Conference will be held on October 3-6, 2016 in Bern, Switzerland. As stated in the iPRES website,
Over the years, iPRES has served as a valuable forum for researchers and practitioners to exchange their insights, experiences, and best practices. For iPRES 2016, we invite paper and poster submissions about original research work and innovative practices, as well as proposals for workshops, tutorials and panels that will further support knowledge exchange and encourage a debate about important aspects of digital preservation.
For this year, iPRES is looking for original contribution in the following areas:
Preservation strategies and workflows
- Migration; emulation; preservation planning, acquisition and ingest; preservation action, characterization, and access provision; risk analysis; audit, trust and certification; authenticity, security, and information/data quality
Digital preservation frameworks
- Digital preservation requirements and implications for the system lifecycle: modeling, design, development, deployment and maintenance; business models, sustainability and economic viability
Infrastructure, systems, and tools
- Intelligent and secure storage; system architectures and requirements, software and hardware dependencies, distributed and cloud-based implementations; preservation resources; content management, characterization, and processing tools
- Preservation of cultural heritage, technical and scientific processes and data, engineering models and simulation, medical records, corporate processes
Case studies, best practices and novel challenges
- Implementations; lessons learnt, preservation at scale; preservation of distributed and cloud based systems; cross-platform access services
Training and education
- Building capacity in novel technologies and practices; curricula effectiveness; career management, etc.
The deadline for submitting original contributions is 15 April 2016.
For more information visit the iPRES 2016 website at the following address http://www.ipres2016.ch/frontend/index.php?folder_id=351